Who is byrd?
We are a fast-growing e-commerce logistics and fulfillment company on a mission to revolutionize the logistics industry. We aim to become the #1 European e-commerce fulfillment provider by offering state-of-the-art solutions to online shops of all shapes and sizes. Our scalable fulfillment services empower online retailers to grow their business and enable them to reach their potential.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a tech-driven logistics company with offices in Berlin and Vienna, we are always looking for passionate team players, free spirits, creative dissenters, humble gurus, and technology experts who understand the big picture. Our curiosity sparks an endless appetite for learning and we appreciate constructive criticism (and are not afraid to employ it).
We are looking for a Global Procurement and Pricing Manager (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin/Vienna
1️⃣ This is how we see your role & responsibilities:
Procurement (60- 70%)
- You are responsible for building and maintaining good relationships with partners, providers and suppliers at national and international level (DACH/Benelux/FR).
- You are responsible for reviewing and analysing all providers and suppliers as well as all delivery and price options
- You negotiate offers for prices and supply contracts with third party suppliers
- You ensure that internal communication with other teams is fast and efficient
- You maintain and structure all contracts and documents
- You are responsible for maintaining and constantly updating supplier lists and their qualifications, delivery times and possible future developments
- You support our Head of Pricing & Procurement in major projects and work closely with your team members
- You support the Pricing and Procurement team in price negotiations of customer offers
- You help with communication and coordination with other teams (especially Sales)
2️⃣ These are the skills we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in a comparable position; logistics and e-commerce experience an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, logistics, business administration or management (e.g. supply chain management, procurement) or equivalent
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate and communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, data-driven and solution-oriented mindset
- In-depth experience with Excel and Pivot
- Hands-on experience using Looker or other BI tools an advantage
- Ability to understand and work with big data and negotiate contracts based on data
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English/German as well as in Italian, Spanish or Polish
- Reliability, drive and team spirit
- Confidence and self-assurance in making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Persuasiveness and assertiveness as well as creativity and pleasure in negotiating
- High level of self-motivation and commitment, as well as a quick grasp of the situation
- Structured, pragmatic, independent and precise working style
3️⃣ This is what you can expect from us:
➡️ Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchy. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
➡️ Flexible working hours and home office options. We know that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why we encourage our employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. We also offer the possibility to take home office, when needed.
➡️ Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to all of our employees to compensate for their time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting.
➡️ Gym membership. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd. ➡️ Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building events and annual celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing Berlin-based and Vienna-based colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth. ➡️ Groovy offices with free drinks & snacks. We know that working on our awesome mission requires sufficient energy; this is why we provide coffee, drinks, fresh fruits, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks to our colleagues, to keep us happy and full of energy every day.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Should wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page or our #byrdistheword. page.
So, would you like to join us on our mission to revolutionize the logistics industry?
We are looking forward to your application!