Who is byrd?
We are a fast-growing e-commerce logistics and fulfillment company on a mission to revolutionize the logistics industry. By setting the new standard of e-commerce logistics by offering state-of-the-art logistics solutions to online shops of all shapes and sizes, we aim to become #1 European e-commerce fulfillment provider. As such, our scalable fulfillment services empower online retailers to grow their business and enable them to fulfill their potential.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a tech-driven logistic company with offices in Berlin and Vienna, we are always looking for passionate team players, free spirits, creative dissenters, humble gurus, and technology experts who understand the big picture. Our curiosity sparks an endless appetite for learning and we appreciate constructive criticism (and are not afraid to employ it).
We are looking for a VP Customer Success (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin
Your mission will be to create an environment in which our customers can thrive. Together we want to build a great, efficient customer success organisation from scratch, including goals, KPIs, structures, processes and guidelines.
This is how we see your role & responsibilities
- Lead the newly created international customer success department, consisting of Customer Care and Account Management
- Be the internal customer advocate, insisting on the highest level of quality standards
- Derive a customer success strategy from byrd’s overall company goals, with the aim of achieving byrds financial goals by making customers thrive
- Implement cross-functional structures, tools, processes and procedures that ensure the achievement of the customer success goals. This includes
- Defining meaningful customer segmentation for an evolving installed customer base
- Defining service standards, goals and objectives for every customer segment and individual key customers
- Organising and participating in quarterly business reviews with enterprise customers
- Define an adjacent services suite and iImplementing structural up-and cross selling strategies and plan
- Contract management and negotiation
- Creating customer feedback-loops and turning those into actionables
- (Supporting) Go-to-market plans for new product features and solutions
- Keeping regular contact with customers to understand their needs
- Define KPIs and reports required to ensure transparency regarding the department’s progress towards its goals
- Ensure operational efficiency and scalability by implementing continuous improvement structures
- Keep in close communication with the product team, to ensure the existing customer needs are prioritised in the product pipeline and strategy
- Build and develop a team of about 15 -20 employees, hire great colleagues in cooperation with the Human Resources Team
These are the skills we are looking for
- 5-7 years of leadership experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills in English and German - both written and spoken
- Experience in dealing with enterprise customers, contract and pricing negotiations, organising regular business reviews etc.
- The strong ability to present strategies, results, and plans unambiguously to internal and external stakeholders
- Very good business skills, a with passion for financial, customer satisfaction, and efficiency targets
- Experience in building customer success teams and structures
- A passion for structure and efficiency
- Experience in managing Change Management processes
This is what you can expect from us:
➡️ Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchy. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team. ➡️ Flexible working hours and home office options. We know that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why we encourage our employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. We also offer the possibility to take home office, when needed. ➡️ Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to all of our employees to compensate for their time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting. ➡️ Gym membership. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd. ➡️ Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building events and annual celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing Berlin-based and Vienna-based colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth. ➡️ Groovy offices with free drinks & snacks. We know that working on our awesome mission requires sufficient energy; this is why we provide coffee, drinks, fresh fruits, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks to our colleagues, to keep us happy and full of energy every day.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Should wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page or our #byrdistheword. page.
So, would you like to join us on our mission to revolutionize the logistics industry? We are looking forward to your application!