Who is byrd?
We are a fast-growing e-commerce logistics and fulfillment company on a mission to revolutionize the logistics industry. By setting the new standard of e-commerce logistics by offering state-of-the-art logistics solutions to online shops of all shapes and sizes, we aim to become #1 European e-commerce fulfillment provider. As such, our scalable fulfillment services empower online retailers to grow their business and enable them to fulfill their potential.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a tech-driven logistic company with offices in Berlin and Vienna, we are always looking for passionate team players, free spirits, creative dissenters, humble gurus, and technology experts who understand the big picture. Our curiosity sparks an endless appetite for learning and we appreciate constructive criticism (and are not afraid to employ it).
We are looking for a Financial Accountant (m/w/d) to join our team in Berlin
1️⃣ This is how we see your role & responsibilities:
As a Financial Accountant, you will ensure that:
- Payments are made and received accurately and on time
- Invoices and credit notes are sent out correctly and on time
- Accounts payable and receivable are reviewed and analyzed on a regular basis
- Dunning runs are executed and open accounts clarified
- Payment runs and direct debits are executed
- External accountants have the most accurate information on accounts payable and receivable on a monthly basis
- The Team Lead Finance is aware of any significant deviations from the plan
- Relevant information is passed on to your colleagues in Accounting and Controlling
2️⃣ These are the skills we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a Controlling and/or Accounting
- Excellent analytical skills and sound knowledge of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written English skills. The German language is a plus
- Attention to detail and organized working style
- Humility, integrity, honesty.
3️⃣ This is what you can expect from us: ➡️ Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchy. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team. ➡️ Flexible working hours and home office options. We know that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why we encourage our employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. We also offer the possibility to take home office, when needed. ➡️ Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to all of our employees to compensate for their time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting. ➡️ Gym membership. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd. ➡️ Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building events and annual celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing Berlin-based and Vienna-based colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth. ➡️ Groovy offices with free drinks & snacks. We know that working on our awesome mission requires sufficient energy; this is why we provide coffee, drinks, fresh fruits, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks to our colleagues, to keep us happy and full of energy every day.
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Should wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page or our #byrdistheword. page.
So, would you like to join us on our mission to revolutionize the logistics industry? We are looking forward to your application!